Things happen, and you develop new perspectives.
1. Life is too short to be doing things you don’t like (oh, the irony of the Business School). Thankfully, school does not define my existence, and even within the college there have been modules that have stretched, challenged me, and cruelly exposed my academic shortcomings.
2. Life is too short to bear grudges against people, for we all make mistakes, and inadvertently do silly things to one another. It is easier said than done, but forgive and forget.
3. Life is too short to take your friends and family for granted.
4. Life is too short to wallow in misery. I have this inexplicable monthly condition, when I will feel extremely down and miserable, and all the depressing memories from the past will come rushing back, reminding me of my shortcomings, disappointments, and regrets. Yet this momentary slump has to – and will – pass, for brighter days are ahead of us.
5. Life is too short to not run forward: faster, further, and with fervour.